This Policy applies between you, the user of this Web Site and John Desmond Limited the owner and provider of this Web Site. This Policy applies to our use of any and all Data collected by us in relation to your use of the Web Site and any Services or Systems therein.
01. DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- “Personal data” means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to us via our site. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)
- “Account” means collectively the personal information, Payment Information and credentials used by Users to access Material and / or any communications System on the Web Site;
- “Content” means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Web Site;
- “Cookie” means a small text file placed on your computer by John Desmond Limited when you visit certain parts of this Web Site. This allows us to identify recurring visitors and to analyse their browsing habits within the Web Site. Where e-commerce facilities are provided, Cookies may be used to store saved shopping carts. Further details are contained in Clause 11; “Data” means collectively all information that you submit to the Web Site. This includes, but is not limited to, Account details and information submitted using any of our Services or Systems of “John Desmond Limited”
- “Service” means collectively any online facilities, tools, services or information that we makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future; “System” means any online communications infrastructure that John Desmond Limited makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, message boards, live chat facilities and email links.
- “User” / “Users” means any third party that accesses the Web Site and is not employed by John Desmond Limited and acting in the course of their employment;
- “Web Site” means the website that you are currently using (John Desmond Limited) and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
02. DATA WE MAY ASK YOU FOR
Throughout the course of using the web site, we may ask you for any of the following information:
- 1 name;
- 2 date of birth;
- 3 gender;
- 4 job title;
- 5 profession;
- 6 contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- 7 demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- 8 financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
03. DATA AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED
Without limitation, any of the following Data may be automatically collected:
- 1 IP address (automatically collected);
- 2 web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- 3 operating system (automatically collected);
- 4 a list of URLS starting with a referring site, your activity on this Web Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
- 5 Cookie information (see clause 11 below).
04. OUR USE OF DATA
- We will comply with our obligations and safeguard your rights under GDPR at all times.
- 1 Any personal Data you submit will be retained by John Desmond Limited for as long as you use the Services and Systems provided on the Web Site. Data that you may submit through any communications System that we may provide may be retained for a longer period of up to six months.
- 2 Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to Clause 5, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group unless specifically specified.
- 3 All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the United Kingdom Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security, see clause 10 below.
- 4 Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Web Site. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- 4.1 internal record keeping;
- 4.2 improvement of our products / services;
- 4.3 transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- 4.4 contact for market research purposes, which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Web Site.
05. THIRD PARTY WEB SITES AND SERVICES
- John Desmond Limited may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to, payment handling, delivery of purchased items, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. The providers of such services may have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Web Site. Any Data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that John Desmond Limited requests. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, any Data that is processed by third parties must be processed within the terms of this Policy and in accordance with the United Kingdom Data Protection Act 1998.
06. CHANGES OF BUSINESS OWNERSHIP AND CONTROL
- 1 John Desmond Limited may, from time to time, expand or reduce its business and this may involve the sale of certain divisions or the transfer of control of certain divisions to other parties. Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any division so transferred, be transferred along with that division and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this Policy, be permitted to use the Data for the purposes for which it was supplied by you.
- 2 In the event that any Data submitted by Users will be transferred in such a manner, you will not be contacted in advance and informed of the changes. When contacted you will not be given the choice to have your Data deleted or withheld from the new owner or controller.
07. CONTROLLING ACCESS TO YOUR DATA
- 1 Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- 1.1 use of Data for direct marketing purposes;
- 1.2 sharing Data with third parties.
08. YOUR RIGHT TO WITHHOLD INFORMATION
- 1 You may access certain areas of the Web Site without providing any Data at all. However, to use all Services and Systems available on the Web Site you may be required to submit Account information or other Data.
09. ACCESSING YOUR OWN DATA
Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and we will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. Please contact our data protection officer on [email protected]
- 1 Data security is of great importance to John Desmond Limited and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected online.
- 1 John Desmond Limited may set and access Cookies on your computer.
- 2 A Cookie is a small file that resides on your computer’s hard drive and often contains an anonymous unique identifier and is accessible only by the web site that placed it there, not any other sites.
- 3 You may delete Cookies, however you may loose any information that enables you to access the Web Site more quickly.
- 4 You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your web browser. By default, your browser will accept Cookies, however this can be altered. For further details please consult the help menu in your browser. Disabling Cookies may prevent you from using the full range of Services available on the Web Site.
12. YOUR RIGHTS UNDFER GDPR
- As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and Our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about Our collection and use of personal data;
- The right of access to the personal data We hold about you
- The right to rectification if any personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask Us to delete any personal data We hold about you (We only hold your personal data for a limited time, as explained in section 6 but if you would like Us to delete it sooner, please contact Us
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- The right to object to us using your personal data for particular purposes; and rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
- If you have any cause for complaint about Our use of your personal data, please contact Us using the details provided in section 13 and We will do Our best to solve the problem for you. If We are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
13. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY